Meigle Guild was formed in 1925 some 38 years after the founding of the Womans Guild by Dr. Charteris in 1887.
For the next 86 years members of Meigle Guild would be involved in encouraging fellowship within the local church and in fundraising for and supporting a wide range of charitable projects both at home and abroad.
As well as supporting Scottish and overseas projects chosen by the National Guild, Meigle Guild supported at various times, Guide Dogs, Leprosy Mission,the Bible Society, Belmont Home, Rachel House, Hospital Ships,Bibles for Schools, Ekwendeni Mission in Malawi and other worthy causes. The Guild also gifted Meigle Church and Hall many useful and decorative items such as an oak cross, pulpit fall,flower table,hymn books, window blinds,hall chairs, heaters,projection screen and computer. It was also instrumental in providing the initial funding for "The Story of Our Parish" published in 2007.
When the Union of the congregations of Ardler, Kettins and Meigle was formed in 1981 it was agreed that Kettins Ardler Guild and Meigle Guild would continue to operate as separate groups being 5 miles apart. However in 2011 members of Meigle Guild reluctantly decided that it was no longer viable to meet as an independent group and opted to disband and allow members to join their sister Guild at Kettins Ardler.
As we look back on 86 years of fulfilling service we also look forward to many more years of fruitful service of the Guild within our united congregation.
pictured below some members and friends celebrating the 80th anniversary of Meigle Guild